Just in time for the holiday shopping season, Appboy has launched location targeting, allowing for more intimate and contextual interactions with mobile customers.
Combined with our marketing automation products and robust user segmentation, location targeting will benefit multiple industries. While the possibilities are endless, here are a few ways the new feature can be used:
- Retailers can send customers a location-specific offer to drive traffic in-store and increase the chance of a sale.
- Publishers can provide in-app custom content based on geographic regions (features on a local restaurant, attraction etc).
- Travel companies can send distinct promotions by state (relevant ski trips, flights to escape the winter cold).
- Sports teams can encourage social media participation during a match by distributing a Twitter hashtag via an in-app news feed.
- Bands can go the extra mile to delight fans with an exclusive, immersive video to app users in a stadium.
The launch of geo-fencing and the ability to reach people where they are will help improve ROI while providing value to the end user. As an added benefit, specialized location messaging should not only work to inspire regular app visits, but also to organically enhance a user’s relationship with your product.
Here’s our official announcement.