By: Hillel Fuld (@hilzfuld)
The Web is filled with guides about how to successfully develop a mobile app. There are many tips you should follow such as the need to conduct competitive analysis before developing an app, focusing on UI and keeping it simple, as well as differentiating your app from the rest of the solutions in your space.
What you will not read too often is the need to follow up on your app once it is released. Quite frankly, developing and releasing an app is the easy part. There are hundreds of ways to increase engagement within your app, as well as enlarge your user-base by means of the web and its social capabilities.
Before I get into the “What”, the title states that I will tell you the “How”. The answer to how you can take all the necessary steps to increase the virality of your app in three words… “The Appboy SDK”. Sign up here and give it a test drive.
So what are these steps that you need to take and that the Appboy SDK will solve for you? Here are some of the primary advantages of implementing the Appboy SDK:
- The Integration: Let’s start with what you have to do to get all these great new features. The Appboy SDK is a mere 600 KB and takes minutes to integrate. No time wasted on your part.
- Your Blog in your App! By now, many businesses realize the potential of content marketing. Except, what ends up happening is that the business has a product, a blog, a site, a Twitter account, a Facebook account, etc etc and none of them are connected. Now, you can publish your blog inside your app in a designated screen for users to stay up to date on new features and the industry.
- Speaking of Social Accounts… Maintaining an app, a blog, a site and all the various social networks is not exactly an easy task. With Appboy, you can manage your community from one place, your personal dashboard. Post updates to your Facebook or Twitter accounts directly from your dashboard and engage your community with minimal time and effort wasted.
- Promote and Cross Promote your App: If you have developed an app, you surely know the hardship of getting it discovered. Well with Appboy, you can cross promote apps that complement your own app and you can feature your app across the entire Appboy developer community. More eyeballs means more downloads.
- Listen to your Users: You know the difference between a company that gets it and one that doesn’t? One that broadcasts vs one that listens too. With Appboy, you can get direct feedback from your users and you can communicate directly with them using Twitter or email from within the app. Listen to your users, they are the ones that can tell you what you need to do in order to succeed.
This is only the beginning of what the Appboy SDK offers. Other features include detailed analytics about downloads and usage, in depth familiarity with your actual users down to the level of their Klout score, and integrated social sharing capabilities, all with a 600 KB SDK.